Friday, January 14, 2011

THE INVASION

Our house has been overtaken . . .


Scarlett's upstairs toy basket


Scarlett's downstairs toy basket

These are my Airedale terrier Scarlett's upstairs and downstairs toys.  I counted them.  My dog has FORTY-SEVEN toys.  I'm not guilty.  Many of them were given to her by our neighbors and friends.  The toys don't stay in their baskets.  We trip over them.  My two-year-old grandson can't understand why they aren't his.  He plays with them anyway, even though they are covered in dried dog slobber.  Scarlett is a delightful dog, but . . .

I think there needs to be a moratorium on her toys. At least, for a little while.  It's a new dawn for Scarlett and the rest of us who live in HER house.

5 comments:

  1. I think it is completely OK to spoil our pets. I swear, Squints is just as spoiled, I step on her little balls all the time. I love that photo of Scarlett, she looks so regal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I guess we'll find out how many is too many beginning today. If the number of toys our kids have/had is any indication then I guess we're in for a house overtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't think dogs or cats can have too many toys. It's all a ruse. The animals we love rule!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't remember you having this philosophy when I was a child. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meg, you always got more pancakes than the dog on Saturday mornings!

    ReplyDelete