Tuesday, December 13, 2011

DECKED

I love living in Annandale, Virginia.  My community has a history that dates back to pre-Revolutionary times.  But my neck of the woods has lost much of its architectural past. For example, Ossian Hall, which once rivaled Mount Vernon in beauty, was burned down by the Annandale Fire Department as a training exercise in 1959.
Ossian Hall
Sometimes it’s nice to drive twenty minutes down Little River Turnpike (originally an 18th century toll road) to Old Town Alexandria.  Today that’s just what my husband and I did.  We explored the city's historic streets for a few hours and enjoyed the 50 degree day.  It might sound odd, but we admired quite a number of doors and windows.  Here are a few that are decked for the holidays.  Enjoy! 








And, last, but not least . . . 
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful photos! And what a lovely afternoon! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete